Sunday, November 9, 2008

Watchmen Comparison

There was one particular comparison in this article that really stuck out in my head. "Watchmen managed to stay endearing while also mocking itself. Kind of like how Ugly Betty plays with telenovelas, this book seems to play with comic books—but again, I couldn’t quite tell". This really stuck out to me because I watch this show every week and the way he compared the two to each other really made sense to me. I thought the article was very indepth and descriptive and really gave me a better understanding of the story and how people think of it. I thought it was interesting to see that the author was somewhat dissappointed about reading the book when he found out that it went "mainstream". Many people get let down when they are engaging in something that is somewhat of a fad. I know this book is extrememly popular now, especially with the movie coming out and all, but I think it has such a unique twist about it that you have to look past this sort of trend with the book. I completely agree with this article when it talks about the colors, boldness, and framework of the charaters. I think that brings so much to the story. You really would not get the same affect from the story if there were no pictures. This was a very good article that made me almost rethink the way I felt about the story. The author made alot of good points and observations that blew my mind.

No comments: